Friday, 30 October 2015

Our Halloween at Home

It's Halloween tomorrow so Happy Halloween!  Do you guys have anything special planned out?  We don't have anything major going on for the holiday but since our little one is already understanding pretty much everything that's going on around her, I wanted to make sure that we do something at home that she will enjoy and at the same time teach her how Halloween is celebrated.  I also created a vlog about this so please check it out for the visuals. :)



Of course the first thing on the list is the costume.  She doesn't demand yet in terms of dressing up like her favourite characters so it can be anything at this point.  So since she received a Tinkerbell costume a few months ago that was too big for her at the time, it is great timing that she is finally going to be able to wear it tomorrow now that it finally fits her.  I've kept it hidden away in her closet so she has not seen it for quite some time so I'm sure it will be very exciting for her.

I'm not really a big fan of giving her too many sweets even for Halloween so I thought it would be a good idea to come up with something that will replace the traditional Trick or Treat that we can also do at home (especially in case it rains).  Instead of giving her lots of candies, I've decided to get her a couple of new toys that I can put inside balloons.  I will also put in the mix some of her own toys that she really likes to add to the fun and a few chocolate coins (which is all the sweets she's getting).  Popping the balloons would either reveal a trick or a treat, at least that's the idea, and she will also have a plastic pumpkin bucket to collect her surprises.

Like I said it's nothing fancy but it will be fun for her and because it is not the kind of thing that we would do everyday, it will give her an understanding that there are special days when people celebrate and do special things.


=====================
Visit my Youtube Channels:
K's Toys:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiHPMAtCbGV9gi1QmmLoFBw
K's Mum:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpHQELKTCqfNR2uRTBJxVQA

Social Media:

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/amumzlife
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/amumzlife

My Random Musings


Mummascribbles


Mummy and Monkeys

3 comments:

  1. That sounds really fun, I hope she enjoyed it :)
    Thanks for linking up to #AnythingGoes
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little pumpkin is just adorable! I think in future years I might have to buy teeny ones now! Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix
    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete